Wednesday, December 12, 2012

Pulled Pork Sliders and More...

Welp, Jenelle and I hosted yet another exciting Christmas party this year! Although it was a bit crowded (more than 35 people squeezed into my tiny apartment!), it was very fun and I'm extremely grateful to have such wonderful friends to spend the holidays with.

I'm not going to go into as much detail as last year's holiday post, but I will say there were two big hits on the table this year. The first, of course, were the chicken bacon wraps (I'm telling you, they're a guaranteed party hit). The second, were my pulled pork sliders with homemade coleslaw. I got the recipe here on Paula Deen's website and turned them into bite-sized sliders since I was only serving appetizers (one batch of Paula's recipe will make approximately 24 sliders). Best part about these babies? You leave them in the slow cooker ALL DAY and then prepare them to serve right before everyone arrives. I also, personally, think that coleslaw is much better the day after making it, so I prepared the slaw the night before the party and refrigerated it in Tupperware (then left it out for an hour or so before stacking it on the pork so it could get to room temp).

Here's a little pic:


You'll noticed some baked brie in the corner which was delicious as well! I got it here on Pillsbury's website and it's wrapped in Pillsbury Crescent Rolls... YUM! Then topped it with a bit of raspberry preserve.

I got so wrapped up in cooking everything this year that I forgot to whip out my Canon and take pictures on the way. So, here's (one of) my New Year's resolutions: Take better pictures along the way for Travels, Tastings and Tales! I made my first attempt on my guacamole post, so hopefully they keep getting better :)

No comments:

Post a Comment