Sunday, October 7, 2012

Game Time Guac!

Happy football day! Today I'm sharing my recipe for guacamole (which I learned from some folks down in Mexico... cue James Taylor). It's a perfect, delicious game day snack with few ingredients, no baking involved, and very little clean up required... Even the boys could make it!


Game Time Guacamole



Ingredients: 
4 avocados
2 tomatoes
1 lime
1/2 small red onion
1/4 cup cilantro
salt


Instructions: 

Dice your tomatoes, finely chop your half onion and your cilantro. Set aside in a bowl.




Split the four avocados, remove the skins and the pit, then mash. I recommend using a mortar (my mom bought me this gem from Williams Sonoma... click here to purchase it on Sonoma's site). If you don't have a mortar on hand, the back of a fork and a bowl will do just fine.


Transfer the crushed avocado to a large bowl, add salt and squeeze in lime. I used 1/2 a tablespoon of salt, but I love salt... So try starting out with 1/4 a tablespoon then add to taste. 


Stir in tomato mixture until combined well. 


And serve!





Hope you enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment