Friday, November 16, 2012

Holiday Parties = An Excuse to Play Dress Up

There are two main reasons I love New Year's Eve. The first is due to the fact that it's my handsome fiance's birthday (he'll be a whopping 26 years old this year) and the second is that it's the one holiday where you can wear an overabundance of sequins and sparkles without worrying about peacocking in the crowd!

I know it's a bit early, but here are some of my favorite finds for New Year's and holiday festivities...


Rent the Runway

I'm a huge fan of Rent the Runway and have used them for several different occasions. It's a website where you can rent designer dresses for a ridiculous discount which is perfect for girls like me who tend to buy a dress, wear it once, and then throw it in the back of the closet. 

This dress below is by Badgley Mischka and retails for $495, but you can rent it for New Year's for just $75! Not a fan of this dress? Rent the Runway has an entire 'New Year's Eve Sparkle and Shine' section of their site to find just the right dress for you. 



Kate Spade New York 

If I had $325 to spend on shoes and had some height to spare (I'm 5'11) these would be my first purchase. These shoes are absolutely adorable (they remind me of confetti) and would be the perfect compliment to a little black dress. You can find them here on Kate Spade's website. 



Anthropologie 

Anthropologie has some beautiful jewelry to mix and match with holiday attire. My favorite of the bunch is this bracelet below. Not only does it sparkle, it's a steal for $38! Find it here at anthropologie.com.



J. Crew 

J. Crew has plenty of clothing and accessories for the holidays. Since it's one of my favorite stores, it was difficult to pick just one thing, but I love this invitation clutch in glitter. If you're not a fan of glitter, they also have the clutch in other solids and patterns as well. 



American Eagle

I haven't shopped in American Eagle in ages, but when I came across this fun cropped sequin blazer in a magazine, I just had to buy it! The blazer also comes in black and would look amazing with black skinny jeans and some nude pumps (plus it's only $49.95!). 



Forever 21

When you're running around last minute looking for a fun (but cheap) holiday look, Forever 21 is your place. Around the holidays, Forever 21 is filled with festive attire and you rarely find items over $50. Here's a cute 'shimmering pailette miniskirt' that I found which could be both dressed up or dressed down.



Happy holiday shopping! 


No comments:

Post a Comment