Friday, November 30, 2012

Top Ten: CHRISTMAS EDITION

Believe it or not, Christmas is almost here! That being said, I happen to be in line with Nordstrom's belief that one holiday should be celebrated at a time, so I've waited until after Thanksgiving to share this top ten (in no particular order)... I hope everyone is enjoying the season with their family and friends as we get ready to ring in a new year!


10. HOLIDAY BEVERAGES:
You can't have a holiday shindig without some fun holiday beverages! I especially love drinks during this season because they tend to include cinnamon and some of my other favorite spices. Here's a delicious drink recipe for a fall/winter Sangria that is sure to be a hit!


9. CHRISTMAS PJ'S: On every Christmas Eve since I can remember, my parents (a.k.a. Santa) would put Christmas PJ's on our pillows to be worn that night... a great way to drum up excitement for Christmas morning. Even though I'm 25, I still love getting my Christmas PJ's! My favorite as of recent have been the Vineyard Vines 'Lazy Pants.' After a few washes they become super soft and comfy!


8. HOLIDAY DECORATIONS: Now, as a 25 year old with a small apartment, I try to limit myself to one bin of decorations... however, I must say, it's one wonderful darn bin. My favorite spot to shop for Christmas decorations is the Christmas Tree Shop which has great deals on decorations for every holiday! I'm also a fan of Pier 1, but try to limit myself since it can get a little pricey. Here's a beautiful little table setting available at Pier 1:



7. CHRISTMAS TREE: I know this kinda falls in the #9 category, but here's my little Hoboken Charlie Brown Tree for this year!



6. IT'S A WONDERFUL LIFE: This is a movie favorite of my family's which can always be found on repeat during the holidays. If you haven't seen it... well... you really should. 




5. CHRISTMAS TIME IN NYC: There's absolutely nothing like it. If you can make it into Manhattan around the holidays, here are a few suggested stops: 

4. HOLIDAY OUTFITS: I already did a post on some fun holiday party outfits, but I couldn't pass on the opportunity to post another party dress. Here's a beautiful dress from Rent the Runway by Badgley Mischka:



3. HOLIDAY COOKIES: This year I'm heading to a holiday cookie exchange... I'm going to bring these babies to switch things up a bit. I know s'mores are a bit summer-ey, but at least I know that know one else will bring the same thing! Plus, these Spicy Smokey S'mores Bars are amazing! 



2. HOLIDAY PARTIES: My friend, Jenelle, and I have started a tradition where we hold a Christmas party for our friends (see last year's post). This year, we're going to switch up the food a bit... Here's a little preview of an item on the menu. We're going to make Paula Deen's slow cooker pulled pork sandwiches with buttermilk coleslaw. BUT, because we're only serving h'oeuvres, we're going to make them into little sliders! The best part is that the pork will just sit in the slow cooker all day while we take care of other things. 


1. TIME WITH FAMILY: Of course this is number one... It's what makes the holidays so special! 

Anthony and I at an 'ugly Christmas sweater' party

"Dear George, remember no man is a failure who has friends. Thanks for the wings. Love, Clarence." 

- It's A Wonderful Life, 1946


No comments:

Post a Comment