Friday, October 26, 2012

Stitchin & Bitchin

Tuesday night I had my first in a series of four beginner's knitting classes at Patricia's Yarns in Hoboken. I never pegged myself as a knitter (I don't have much patience), but I love to try new things... especially if they involve crafts or cooking. My Mom happens to be a great knitter, so for my birthday she bought me a gift certificate for this class.

Ladies n' gents... drumroll please... presenting my first knitting "project" (if you can even call it that):

Ain't she a beaut? 
Now it's ways away from a cable sweater, but I'd like to think it's a good start! By the fourth week we'll be starting a project, so I need to think a bit about what I'd like to make. My instincts say start easy with a scarf, but I'm dying to make some leg warmers for under my boots :)

Patricia sent us a website to help us while we're doing our 'homework' (a.k.a. practicing) during the week:

www.knittinghelp.com

And here are a couple of great websites for patterns (one from my Mom and one from Patricia):

www.ravelry.com

www.knitty.com

I'll be sure to give updates on my progress in week two!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment