Sunday, September 16, 2012

A Tasty Sandwich for the Vegetarians Out There

The sandwich I'm about to show is based off a yummy item from Pret A Manger in NYC... I get it so often that I figured it'd just be cheaper to make it myself! Pret uses their own chipotle sauce for the top, so I decided to sub in Stonewall Kitchen's Smoky Barbecue Aioli (Stonewall Kitchen has some excellent items, all of which can be ordered online and found it most grocery stores). The aioli is amazing... I could eat it with a spoon!


Excuse my little piggy timer in the background

Pepper Jack, Red Pepper, Red Onion & Cilantro Sandwich with Stonewall Kitchen's Smoky BBQ Aioli 

Ingredients: 
  • 1 loaf of fresh Italian Bread, divided into 4, then cut in half for the sandwich
  • 8 slices of pepper jack cheese
  • 2 red bell peppers, sliced into strips 
  • 1/2 red onion, sliced into strips 
  • 1/2 cup of cilantro leaves 
  • 1 jar of Stonewall Kitchen's Smoky Barbecue Aioli

Directions: 

Divide up the ingredients and layer them on your sandwich... Pepper jack on the bottom, followed by the red bell peppers, red onion, and cilantro. Spread a bit of aioli on top (to taste), assemble, and enjoy! 


Tada! 


No comments:

Post a Comment