Monday, August 27, 2012

The Happiest 5K on the Planet!

This weekend a few friends and I signed up for a Color Run. Now for those of you who don't know what a Color Run is, let's just say that the master minds behind the event like to refer to it as, "the happiest 5K on the planet"... And now I know why!

Basically we showed up on Saturday morning looking like this:



And left looking like this:



It was hands down, the best race I've ever participated in. Not only do you run 3.1 miles and get sprayed with neon colors at each kilometer mark, but you get to hang out with all your fellow color runners at a massive dance party afterwards, during which you throw your own bags of color all over the place, like this:



Despite the fact that I'm still trying to get the color out of my hair and my iPhone, I can assure you we'll be signing up again next year! If you haven't done a Color Run, DO IT! They hold them in cities across the country and there were kids running/walking the course... so there's really no excuse not to!



No comments:

Post a Comment