Friday, September 30, 2011

Fall Favorite: Shipyard Pumpkinhead Ale

My family and friends will all testify to the fact that I'm OBSESSED with anything and everything pumpkin.  I've tried it all... pumpkin desserts, pumpkin coffee, pumpkin candles (you get the idea... the only thing I've tried and didn't like was pumpkin ravioli).

Anyway, one of my favorite seasonal pumpkin treasures is a Pumpkin Ale from The Shipyard Brewery in Portland, Maine.  To make sure I wasn't just bias to its Maine roots, I've tried many other pumpkin ales - including Blue Moon Harvest Moon Pumpkin Ale, Sam Adams Harvest Pumpkin Ale, and Southhampton Pumpkin Ale - and I'm sticking to my guns on this one: Shipyard's Pumpkinhead Ale is the best.  Here's a little background info:


http://www.shipyard.com/taste/

Personally, I often find that pumpkin ales have too much spice and not enough pumpkin.  Pumpkinhead has the perfect balance of both and makes for the perfect brew (or few) on a crisp, fall night.

It only comes around once a year, so enjoy it while you still can!

No comments:

Post a Comment